Job Requisition:Senior Signal SWE - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Leidos is seeking a Senior Signals Software Engineer (Level 3) for a mission-focused, critical Prime Program in the Annapolis Junction area. The Senior SSWE develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The role requires the candidate to work individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. The role also requires resolving software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing applications software for highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems that require signals collection
- Detection, demodulation, geo-location, and emitter identification modifications
- Research and implement enhancements to signals collection and processing systems using government provided references and system design documentation
- Creation or modification of administrative and systems software, algorithm design, test data generation, and data analysis
- Responsible for integrating COTS products, maintaining program libraries, and creating system manuals and documentation
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field, an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- At least Twelve (12) years of experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on RF to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communication theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools, and digital signal processing.
- Must have a minimum of Seven (7) years of demonstrated experience using C++ and Python in real-time system implementation
- Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must have a solid understanding of DSP, collection, and signals processing systems
- Must have experience working with system integrators
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking, and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in one or more of the following real-time application domains: RF Communications-based signal processing, Direction Finding system implementation, or Bi-static Geolocation system implementation
- Experience with the following is preferred: databases and structures, CUDA/GPU, Linux operating systems, JAVA, HTML, XML, MYSQL, and MATLAB
- Experience with large scale field site collection systems
- Experience with the CTF framework
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering-Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.