Job Requisition:Lead Virtualization Admin
We are seeking a full-time system administrator to provide Tier III support to government customer at the Federal Trade Commission in Washington DC. The successful candidate will be Responsible for resolving break and fix IT incidents as well as service request.
Service to our FTC customer are included but not limited to:
- Provide on-going technical support to the FTC users on the various virtualization platforms and virtual desktop infrastructure including VMware Vcenter 6.5, ESXi Hosts and associated VMs, Citrix Director 7.12, Citrix Command Center 5.2, VMdesktop 6.5
- Provide technical support to various OS platforms on VMs including Windows and Linux platforms server the FTC users using a variety of systems and software, including windows server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operation systems
- Monitor infrastructure, detect problems, ensure optimal performance and integration with other infrastructure components. Establish baseline and identify areas of improvement.
- Install, update, and maintain COTS and custom applications
- Ensure health checks, perform system maintenance, support deployment of security patches, bug fixes, and firmware updates
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Requires a BS and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Related College degree preferred (Bachelor in Computer Science or Information Systems)
- 6 year’s minimum experience providing Tier II and III support
- Flexibility to work 8-hour shift between the hours of 7am to 6pm including some weekends.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), or (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Ability to obtain and maintains a public Trust Security Clearance.
Additional Desired Skills,
- Related IT certification preferred (CompTIA A + Certified, Linux + Certified MCSA: Windows Server 2016, MCSE: Core Infrastructure, RedHat Certified Engineer.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.