Job Requisition:IT Support Technician II
Leidos CIO Services is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to provide support for the walk-up IT Service Bar in our Gaithersburg - MD location. This role requires a high level of technical proficiency, excellent communication skills and the ability to organize and process multiple issues in a customer facing role. The team member must be able to quickly and effectively diagnose and determine the best path forward to resolve issues related to PCs, mobile devices, printers, videoconferencing, Skype Enterprise Voice, business application software, and wireless and wired local network issues. A secondary role will include oversight & support of loaner machines. This will include tracking, maintaining and distributing machines working as an extension of the asset management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD. The team member will support the current Leidos location and may assist with standing up other IT Service Bars in the future. Initially, the position will involve training, learning and performing Site Support duties within Leidos to prepare for support at the IT Service Bar in the new Gaithersburg building. The team member will be at the front line of corporate technology implementations, learning the new technologies, and providing guidance and training for the user base on many aspects of the IT experience.
The team member will have daily interface with local personnel at an open desk location and will perform general IT maintenance tasks, resolve moderate to complex problems immediately and determine how to handle/route the more complex IT issues to other support staff. This role will also be an advisory position to provide guidance to customers on hardware and software solutions/upgrades, including new product acquisitions. He\she will conduct training on basic operations and may be called on to assist in further training materials designed to educate organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications. It is imperative that the team member stay up on the latest in operations and updates that are/will be available.
The secondary task will involve supporting and improving the processes of loaner PC deployment. Attention to detail, keeping up with data input and documenting all the steps in the process will be key factors in the success of this task. It will also involve interface with customers, Security/ CyberSecurity, asset management and other teams to successfully deploy and re-issue these devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience with a large, global enterprise. Additional years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Prior experience must include supporting internal desktop systems software and hardware, application training, and overall incident ownership and management.
- 2+ years’ experience working in support of desk side services with specific focus on supporting customers on a daily basis.
- 2 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Desktop/Laptops, Apple laptops, and the various peripherals for these machines.
- 2 years’ experience with Skype Enterprise Voice and Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, including advanced troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of iOS and Android mobile devices and experience with MDM solutions.
- Experience with McAfee (Full Disk Encryption, Antivirus) and SCCM for endpoint management and software delivery
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and follow through with assignments.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Familiarity with Service Now.
- Familiar with ITIL and ITSM processes.
- At least one relevant industry certification to include MCSA, A+, Network+, Security+.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.