Job Requisition:Software Front End Developer
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
You: A talented, creative, experienced, and hard-working front-end developer who loves creating interfaces that are so simple, intuitive, clean, and elegant that users find it easy to accept and adopt game-changing technology.
Us: An all-star team building a machine-learning enabled, microservices-based framework that is transforming the way a major USG customer uses their data. Work in Arlington, VA, Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD. You choose!
If you like doing these tasks, this might be the right job for you:
- Responsible for employing agile development processes and operating in a cloud environment.
- Perform requirements analysis and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications.
- Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
- Understand concepts such as AJAX, asynchronous programming; familiar with a code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular; have a working knowledge of layout frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation; have a solid command of HTML5, CSS3, and JSON; development will involve negotiating interfaces with the back-end developers, performing REST calls and rendering data structures.
- Good communication skills are a must; additionally, it is expected that documentation will be done in Confluence (with other developers as the target audience).
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments, as well as a solid understanding of the lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation in an Agile framework.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed DoD business process for security engineering.
- Rapid application prototyping and direct user interaction.
- Code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Develop software to support sponsor prototypes, operational software, and internal research efforts.
- Develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
- Integration of platforms leveraging APIs (REST, JSON etc.)
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- 4 years experience with code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular
- 4 years experience with HTML5, CSS3, and JSON
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) mission.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.