Job Requisition:Battery Storage Application Engineer/Consultant Subject Matter Expert
Battery Energy Storage Expert – Boston, MA or Denver, CO
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Battery Storage Application Engineer/Consultant Subject Matter Expert with primary responsibility being knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of utility-scale and commercial & industrial (C&I) battery energy storage systems, O&M of battery storage systems, client development, and battery system technology reviews. The candidate is expected to work in a team setting to support project managers during transactional due diligence.
Primary responsibilities and duties include: subject matter expertise in battery energy storage and associated applications, integration with renewable and dispatchable energy sources, SCADA and grid integration controls, HOMER modeling experience, and business development.
Other duties may include assisting the team in support of managing projects, developing sales proposals, and technology reviews.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering required, with MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management area preferred.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s of Science in engineering and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience
• Specific experience as an application engineer for battery storage.
• Experience with lead acid, NiCad, lithium-ion and flow batteries is preferred.
• Commercial experience with construction contracts and contractors for utility-scale and C&I battery storage projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Expertise in modeling with HOMER or commercial equivalent.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, DOE, and EIA.
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external).
• The job may require as much as 35 percent travel, including international travel, and can periodically include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs (can be typically 50 hour weeks).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Foreign language skills are a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Management Consultant Comm2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.