Job Requisition:Business Development Manager -West
Business Development Manager – West Region (CA AZ, NV, NM, OR)
Leidos Commercial Energy Solutions operation provides a full range of engineering, information technology and management consulting services to investor owned utilities. CES provides consulting expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms. We provide our clients with business and technical insight into all sectors of the energy infrastructure industry such as: utilities, financial institutions, state, and local governments,
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who is responsible for:
• Driving new business opportunities specifically for our Power Delivery Services, Digital Utility and Energy Efficiency divisions with investor owned utilities and relevant state-wide energy agencies in CA, AZ, OR, NV and NM Successfully build, manage and execute multiple client pursuit and capture strategies within a multi-disciplined matrixed organization.
• Build, execute and maintain a commercially viable time phased sales funnel that achieves the business objectives of each Division and the Operation
• Work with leadership to develop and execute strategies that drive positive margin growth and share for each Division with our existing client base.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior years of progressive experience in leading business development and client relationship management activities with investor owned utilities including executive level contacts with utility clients
• Established industry leader across the utility/power market, including industry partners, national and regional associations and agencies
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeded assigned metrics including but not limited to sales revenue awards and submittals
• Proven track record of developing new and innovative approaches to markets, Ability to gather “voice of customer” and work within the organization to design and implement energy efficiency programs that meet the changing need of the investor owned utility and relevant state wide agencies.
• Relevant /Current relationships with investor owned utilities and state wide agencies • In-depth knowledge of financial and regulatory issues associated with the implementation of large capital programs and mandated efficiency programs.
• Keen understanding of the strategic issues facing investor owned utilities dealing with the constraints of both CapEx and OpEx funding environments
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance or business required. MBA or other advanced degree and current registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) a plus.
• Ability to Travel up to 50-75% of the time.
• Candidate must be physically located in CA or Portland OR
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.