Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Join a growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division at Hanscom AFB. The opportunity can be supported from Lexington, MA or Shalimar, FL.
The systems engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer system engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue the development of the system engineer. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Serve as Systems Engineer (SE) for Mission Planning software development.
- Serve as an Agile Product Manager/Systems Engineer with a collection of products representing the client stakeholders to the development team to include: product vision, design, development, testing and sustainment.
- Create Technical Requirements Backlogs, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
- Coordinate with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable and managing those requirements and their traceability. Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyze software development technical metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Ensure that approved Mission Planning processes are utilized. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of product development to the key stakeholders.
- Evaluate technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports, and process descriptions.
- Represent the Government customer as Product Management (with content authority for the Program Backlog), responsible for identifying Customer needs, prioritizing Features, guiding the work through the Program Kanban and developing the program Vision and Roadmap consistent with the Solution Intent and Context. Collaborate to ensure appropriate value is being provided via working software and products (including documentation). Attend Product Owner Scrum meetings and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning events. Also, support the Engineering role as an individual or part of a small team that defines a shared technical and architectural vision for the System/Solution under development. Participate in determining the system, subsystems, and interfaces, validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives while working closely with the Agile Release Train (ARTs) and Solution Train.
- US citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8 - 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental systems engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience with Department of Defense (Air Force, Navy) mission planning activities.
- Knowledge of Air Education and Training Command (AETC) operations and structure.
- General familiarization of U.S. DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- Experience with requirements management processes and tools to include Jama Software.
- Experience with software systems integration, Agile Software Development, Scaled Agile Framework and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.