Job Requisition:FP&A Senior Manager
The Commercial Energy Solutions FP&A Senior Manager is a key role in the Finance organization responsible for operation-wide financial analysis and reporting. This position is responsible for the financial forecasting of revenue, operating income, cash, and backlog for the operation on a recurring basis, including monthly actual analysis, fiscal year projections, and the yearly AOP and multi-year strategic plan. In addition, this position will be responsible for the coordination of several operation-level F&BO responsibilities, including but not limited to capital planning, operating expense budget management, and consistent financial reporting throughout the operation. This role reports directly to the Commercial Energy Solutions Chief Financial Officer.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Lead and drive the monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting processes for the operation.
• Assist in establishing short- and long-range operations financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Create forward looking financial projections for all of the accounting statements and accompanying measurements.
• Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
• Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
• Perform data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis..
• Lead analysis of projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
• Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
• Maintain or oversee the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, and income.
• Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business’s key metrics
• Responsible for supporting the consolidated planning of all Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
• Responsible for the assessment of the operations account balances and has a continuous focus on improved accuracy and forecasting methodologies.
• Directly interface with various functions within the operation and serves as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders both internal and external to the operation.
• Ad-hoc business performance reporting
• Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
• Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
• Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis
• Be the trusted financial go-to person for the division management team we support, proactively proposing and developing new reporting mechanisms and processes to help support the business more efficiently
• Perform business case and ROI analysis.
• Communicate clearly, succinctly, and with thoughtful planning on messaging and timelines when working with others.
• Operate in a highly organized manner with structured processes to meet all required deliverables in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experienced with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation.
• Broad experience presenting, interacting and influencing executives
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal customers.
• Demonstrate the highest standards of accuracy and precision in work products.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate and respond to requests for data.
- Prior FP&A Experience
- Experience with Overhead development and reporting
- Familiarity with the Hyperion Financial Reporting tool
- Excel Power User with Superior Financial Modeling Skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.