Job Requisition:Quality Assurance Director
Our careC2 team seeks to add a Quality Assurance Director!!! Located in either Morgantown, WVA or Charlotte, NC or Reston, VA.
Our careC2™ solutions are inclusive of an application platform as a service (aPaas) and a suite of proprietary products. The careC2 platform is a healthcare specific, high-productivity application platform as a service (aPaaS) that supports rapid application development, deployment and execution in the cloud. A successful candidate will have a background with software platforms and how they relate to application or product development and multi-sided platform-based economies. You will play an essential role in helping careC2 ensure high quality delivery of solutions to a rapidly developing customer base and suite of proprietary products. You will have the responsibility over the QA strategy, the transition of our QA process, tools, environments and team into a product discriminating capability within the aPaaS and software product markets. Your position may also include marketing, forecasting and profit & loss (P&L) support responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high quality in platform and product solutions (functional and non-functional)
- Manage all aspects of QA across the Platform aPaaS and product lifecycles
- Develop and maintain our QA Strategy, inclusive of embedding best QA practices
- Develop, maintain and execute our Platform and product QA Plans
- Responsible for installing and maintaining all QA processes, tools and environments
- Responsible for hiring, managing, mentoring, and training the QA team
- Design and systematize QA metrics, processes, tools and test cases
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
- Coordinate across the Platform and Product Teams to ensure QA equities are well understood and implemented
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results
- Note: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Led or participated in QA technical and organizational strategy development
- Deep knowledge of the QA tool and technology space
- Strong functional knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with automated testing / test automation tools in an agile environment (with tools such as Selenium, Serenity and Cucumber)
- Knowledge of business process modeling techniques and tools
- Experience in continuous delivery of micro-services
- Performance testing and bench-marking experience
- Knowledge of security testing requirements
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives
- Prior experience leading and managing a team with a track record of successfully validating and delivering high quality products
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cross-functional and highly distributed team environment
- Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with the customer and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Must be comfortable working in a fast--‐paced, matrixed team environment, with a client--‐centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
- Must be able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Must be able to work effectively with numerous stakeholder types and bring a groups to consensus
Education and Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 15 years working in the IT field, 10 years in Software Testing
- The ideal candidate will have 2 years of aPaaS product QA Director-level experience. Candidates with 3-5 years of senior aPaaS QA experience with demonstrated capability to advance to a QA Director position will be considered.
- 5 years of experience in managing a team of software testing/QA engineers
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel as required to client sites and other company-sponsored events (approximately 25%)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.