Job Requisition:Endpoint Platforms Engineer
Leidos Corporate IT Group is seeking an Endpoint Platforms Engineer to join our Enterprise End User Services team. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to help shape the company’s future endpoint management strategy. This role will also have the opportunity to engage as a subject matter expert with our CTO and business unit organizations.
Ideally, we're looking for someone who can support this from one of the following locations: Reston - VA, Gaithersburg - MD, Orlando - FL, King Of Prussia - PA, and San Diego - CA. We will also consider telecommute for the right person.
Major initiatives that you will support include:
- Completing our transition to Windows 10 and establishing our modern servicing methodologies
- Enhancing our Dell integrated lite/zero touch provisioning model
- Executing against our Office 365 roadmap
- Establishing our Apple MacOS service model
- Modernizing our VDI solution to a “desktop replacement” capable service
- Support the development and execution of end user and device management roadmaps and strategy
- Architect, deploy, and provide sustaining engineering support for the Leidos desktop platforms and management systems
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the Leidos infrastructure operations and support organizations
- Develop concise and accurate engineering documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Interact with sister organizations including Corporate Information Security, Data Center, Operations, and Health management teams to ensure integrated solutions are fully vetted
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of experience related to end user engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Extensive architecture and engineering experience leveraging Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in a large corporate enterprise for the purpose of Operating System (OS) image development and deployment (OSD)
- Deep understanding of modern Windows 10 deployment concepts including Modern Servicing, Upgrade In Place (UIP), User Driven Installation (UDI), and the Microsoft Development Toolkit (MDT)
- Proven experience using PowerShell or equivalent scripting tools, along with an understanding of Microsoft API’s and tool integration
- Strong understanding of the mechanics and processes for developing end to end provisioning processes in SCCM including images, driver/firmware management, software deployment, and patching
- Experience using Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO) to configure and secure endpoint configurations
- Knowledge of standard engineering and support processes such as ITIL, life cycle management, and ITSM
- Experience with McAfee Endpoint Encryption and Microsoft Bitlocker
- Ability to embrace a diverse and geographically distributed team structure
- Must be US Citizen and eligible for federal clearance
- Understanding of endpoint security principles including such as FDCC, NIST, USGCB, DISA STIG
- Experience delivering Windows 10 desktop experiences on VDI
- Knowledge of Dell provisioning processes including CFI, dynamic imaging, and Connected Config
- Exposure to Windows endpoint management in an Office 365 environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.