Job Requisition:Software Test Lead
The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for a Software Test Lead in Ft. Meade, MD. *This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but candidates are preferred in the Fort Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL area. *
This Lead Software Tester will assist with the development and deployment of a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Lead a team of software testers across the SDN project to ensure delivery of quality software that meets the requirements of the project.
- Define software quality assurance policies and ensure their consistent application and adherence.
- Develop test plans and test cases based on requirements and software quality assurance best practices.
- Test the functionality of the applications including end-to-end, integration, regression, performance, usability and user acceptance testing.
- Manage concurrent software testing activities across multiple environments in a variety of phases in accordance with the project schedule.
- Plan and schedule testing activities, including staff, code deployments and infrastructure.
- Document test results including collecting logs, writing defect reports and assigning defects for resolution.
- Work closely with systems, software and network engineers to ensure the application meets all requirements.
- Coordinate with customers and other stakeholders for reviews, acceptance testing and sign-off.
- Design, implement, manage and leverage infrastructure to support automated tests.
- Develop automated tests.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior software testing experience.
- Experience with analysis of technical design specifications and other requirements to develop test plans and test cases, to include critical analysis of design artifacts to ensure sufficient testing for corner/edge cases.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Prior experience as a Test Lead, including leading a team of remote testers.
- Experience testing in a Unix or Linux command line environment.
- Experience developing automated end-to-end integration and performance tests.
- Experience with SoapUI and/or Ansible.
- Prior software development experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.