Job Requisition:Unified Communications Senior Manager
The Leidos Architecture and Engineering organization is seeking a candidate to join our End User Services leadership team as the Senior Manager of Unified Communications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead the group developing and executing upon the corporate unified communications strategy. This portfolio includes our Exchange, Skype, and Telephony services. This role will also have the opportunity to engage with our CTO and business unit organizations to support proposal efforts and customer programs.
Major initiatives that you will lead include:
- Establishing and executing the UC migration strategy for Office 365
- Enhancing the E-Mail security architecture
- Executing against our Office 365 roadmap
- Developing a Workstream Collaboration / Persistent Chat service
- Completing the telephony migration from legacy PBX to Skype Enterprise Voice
- Lead the development and execution of device management roadmaps and strategy
- Provide day to day direction, project leadership, and functional management of team members that design, deploy, and sustain the Leidos desktop platforms and management systems
- Act as a senior escalation point of contact for the Leidos operations and support organizations
- Deliver concise and accurate engineering documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Partner and collaborate with sister organizations including Corporate Information Security, Data Center, Operations, and Health management teams to ensure integrated and fully vetted solutions
Ideally, we're looking for someone who can support this role from one of the following locations: Reston - VA, King of Prussia - PA, San Diego - CA, Gaithersburg - MD, Orlando - FL. We will also consider telecommute for the right person.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of previous relevant experience in systems engineering, including proven success managing IT service delivery in a highly secured and large scale enterprise.
- Project management and leadership experience at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of engineering and service methodologies and processes (ITSM, ITIL, etc.)
- Financial modeling of project and O&M efforts (ROM, BOE, etc.)
- History as a functional leader of engineering organizations with direct reports.
- Prior experience leading a diverse and geographically distributed workforce.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Extensive experience overseeing the architecture, engineering, and sustainment of unified communications services and platforms:
- Microsoft Exchange (on-premises)
- Microsoft Skype (on-premises)
- Cisco IronPort ESA / Proofpoint
- Office 365
- Avaya PBX
- Enterprise Voice
- Experience transitioning on-premises unified communications services to Office 365.
- Familiarity with US Government IT security principles such as NIST, CUI, CDI, ITAR, DFARS, DISA STIG, FedRAMP, GCC, etc.
- Experience deploying and managing Workstream Collaboration / Persistent Chat as enterprise services. Examples include Slack, Mattermost, and Microsoft Teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.