Job Requisition:Cyber Security Engineer - Firewall
Leidos Defense Group is currently seeking several Cyber Security Engineers with firewall expertise! In this role, you will be responsible for all firewall aspects of a site migration to DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) program. The mission of the JRSS program is to bring the US Army and Air Force local security stack infrastructure into a regional format. In order to accomplish this, our teams are performing virtual network and security migrations, globally, to align the network backbone and bring greater accessibility and security to the DISA/DOD networks. The team works out of four sites, Springfield, VA; Ft Meade, MD; Scott AFB, IL and Montgomery, AL. This position can be supported from any of these sites and some telework may be available once you become acclimated.
In this Role You Will:
• Orchestrate the project end-to-end from a Firewall Security Prospective; Analyzes Firewall Security discovery information and determines requirements for the migration
• Provide Firewall gap analysis at the start of the project; Directs team members and reviews results. Deconflicts
• inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP author
• Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
• Control all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, Firewall configurations, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
• Identify and communicate firewall security requirements to Tools and CND teams. This includes acceptable Deadlines tracked by PM
• Track task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
Qualified candidates are considered an emerging authority on the following Devices:
• CISCO ASA Firewalls
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• F5 load balancers
• Cisco MPLS.(Multi Protocol Label Switching)
• BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Must hold an active DOD Top Secret Clearance.
Must have current IAT II 8570 Certification or higher.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• In-depth protocol analysis, with tools such as tcpdump.
• Experience in leading large engineering projects.
• Leadership skills in organizing a team of engineers
Additional desired experience:
• F5 load balancers
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Standup of Remote access Virtual Private Networks(RAVPN)
• Military/DoD security architectures
• JRSS familiarity
• CISCO or Juniper Certifications
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.