Job Requisition:IT Infrastructure Engineer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Provide general program information and/or general position overview. Example: The [Name] Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a [Job Title] to work in our [City, State] office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the [Contract/Program Name] mission. In this mission we…
The Exploration and Mission Support Operation (EMS) within the Civil Group has an opening for an IT Infrastructure Engineer. This full-time, funded position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure engineer to provide on-program support to a large, complex IT Infrastructure and Services program. The successful candidate will bring significant experience supporting the operations and maintenance of large IT environments spread across multi-site physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures; significant experience in supporting the design, implementation, and testing of IT infrastructure solutions for Federal IT customers; and technical expertise across multiple platforms with a focus on high availability solutions. As a senior IT Engineer, candidates will bring systems engineering discipline to maximize infrastructure performance and develop innovative IT solutions.
Note: This position will allow for telecommuting and will allow for working remotely from home for those residing in the Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC metro area.
• IT infrastructure engineer tasked with O&M management of large, multi-site data center and cloud hosted IT infrastructure, including networking, storage, hosting, load balancing, performance optimization, and security compliance, for Federal IT customers
• Supports large teams of multidisciplinary IT specialists in execution of program requirements and in meeting all performance targets
• Executes actions for infrastructure incident management, problem management, performance tuning, asset control, and configuration management
• Ensures security compliance for all production systems through patching and configuration control
• Ensures software and hardware currency for all systems in purview; contributes to developing technical road maps for upgrades and technology insertion
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum 6 years in IT Infrastructure engineering and administration roles
• Minimum of one high level technical certification (CCNP, MCSE, VCAP, LPIC-3, etc)
• Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, testing, integrating, and maintaining large-scale IT infrastructure
• ITIL Foundations certification
• A wide range of knowledge across IT domains, including networking, storage, cloud, data center hosting, disaster recovery, and cyber security. Fluency in Windows Server, Linux/Unix, VMWare, various storage technologies (EMC, NetApp, etc.), load balancing, and high availability
• Ability to multitask and support technology in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Excellent customer service capability and communication skills.
• Uptime Institute Accredited Operations Specialist (AOS) or equivalent.
• Experience supporting Federal IT customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.