Job Requisition:Software Quality Architect
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos is seeking a Software Quality Architect that can serve as a source code quality subject matter expert with cybersecurity expertise providing leadership to identify and propose remediation solutions to clients, and peer software developers/engineers. The contributions from this position will elevate skills and experiences enterprise-wide to support Air Force and Navy full-scope mission planning efforts. The position can be supported from San Diego, CA; Orlando, FL; Walton Beach, FL; or Lexington/Boston, MA.
In this role, your primary focus is the elimination of repetitive software-based security vulnerabilities, software performance optimization, and effective utilization of .Net Core and Java-based coding best practices to achieve software assurance goals and ensure program support for mission critical operations. Day-to-day activities will involve collaboration with an array of software development teams embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile software development and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
You will be responsible to conduct analysis of Fortify and/or other code quality assessment tool results to identify vulnerabilities best fixed sooner-than-later. Review source code and coding practices responsible for identified vulnerabilities and prepare recommendations for developer remediation actions. Arrange and conduct code remediation review discussions with developer teams for determining best methods for permanently eliminating recurring vulnerabilities. Contribute to code scanning process configuration and optimization recommendations. Contribute to Cyber architecture reviews. Contribute to SAFe Program Increment planning activities. Attend IVV&E/Cyber Software Authorization team deficiency mitigation progress review meetings. Develop best practice governance to provide proactive developer guidance.
The successful candidate will have a strong software development and cybersecurity background and will participate as part of a source code analysis team. Proficiency in software development concepts tied to cybersecurity best practices is a must. Experience on Static and Dynamic code analysis tools is strongly preferred. The candidate‘s success criteria will include collaborating per expectations across multiple external development teams as well as the government customer understanding how to design and build secure micro-service based solutions for the next generation of Mission Planning software. Other activities will include ability to create and communicate cyber-focused reports and proactively provide recommendations for rectifying software vulnerabilities across various enterprise-wide architectures.
- U.S.only Citizenship and minimum DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (required at time of hire)
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field with a strong understanding of service-based architecture concepts
- DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification (e.g. Security+ CE) required at time of hire
- 8+ years of software engineering and/or software architecture experience in .Net and Java environments
- Experience with Web services development (REST, SOAP, SOA, OWASP Top 10)
- Static source code analysis experience remediating of cybersecurity software findings
- Excellent tactical written and verbal communications skills including patient teaching/training abilities for advancing both developer and team-member capabilities
- Professional or academic experience with DevOps/SecDevOps
- Proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering or comparable field of study
- Experience as either an Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner
- SAFe Agilist certification or other SAFe role certification
- Proficiency utilizing an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)