Job Requisition:T2C2 SATCOM Instructor/Field Operations
Leidos is currently seeking an experienced SATCOM Instructor/ Field Operations to provide, implementation, maintaining, and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of directly related experience. Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code may offset the degree requirement. 4 additional years of related experience will offset degree requirement.
- Fundamental understanding of satellite communication theory.
- Fundamental understanding of the NCW network.
- Familiarization of using a spectrum analyzer.
- Familiarization of iDirect modem.
- Familiarization of MPM-1000 modem.
- Experience with troubleshooting satellite links.
- Ability to travel up to 50%