Job Requisition:Senior Software Engineer
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn’s top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in enhancing our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity could be located in Dayton, OH or Charlottesville, VA.
- Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Research and integrate new technologies into our development and production systems.
- Write and prototype API specifications for Test-Driven Development.
- Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
- Work on the hardest open problems in live-streamed video.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience (experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Strong proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience with Spring or video transcoding.
- Prior work or hobbyist projects with ffmpeg, libdash, or angular.js.
- Familiarity with video coding standards (MPEG-2, MPEG-2 TS, and H.264), MISB standards, and with other issues related to video processing such as video analytics, video profiles and file formats, and audio/video synchronization.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.