Job Requisition:careC2 Security Engineer
Leidos’ careC2 team is looking for a Security Engineer to support the design, implementation and maintenance of careC2 products to be located in either Morgantown, WV or Charlotte, NC. Success in this role will be achieved by an organized, diligent team player who develops familiarity with the NIST 800-53 and FedRamp Security Policies.
As our careC2 Security Engineer, you will provide security engineering support in accordance with Leidos and customer security mandates, policies, standards, and procedures. This includes security services components as they apply to hardware and software. You will provide security engineering support to develop and maintain a flexible security architecture; provide protection from unauthorized use of, or access to the networked assets; and protect all data residing on the network from intrusion, destruction, or compromise.
The security engineer will:
- Assess the current security architecture and deliver improvement recommendations.
- Develop and deliver plans that improve security to physical and logical devices connected to the network.
- Develop and deliver recommendations for security assets refresh or upgrade on an annual basis, for improved network security, and for policies to improve security vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Develop and deliver plans for Security Services asset updates or patches.
- Design, test, and support implementation of the approved security architecture improvements, the monitoring and managing access plans, the plans to secure network attached devices, the approved recommendations for improving network security, the approved policies for security vulnerability and penetration testing, and the updates or patches approved for security services assets
- Develop a familiarity with the NIST 800-53 and FedRamp Security Policies
- Create and maintain Monitoring schedules of the careC2 Cloud Environments using external tools such as Trend Micro Deep Security and Qualys Vulnerability Management Platforms.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with security architecture improvements
- Experience with policies for security vulnerability and penetration testing
- Experience with securing network attached devices
- Experience with creating and maintaining monitoring schedules
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.