Job Requisition:careC2 Sr. Technical Manager - Development & Operations
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care. This single, consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers – including patients, families, clinicians and other care givers or coordinators – reduces variation and potential issues as it follows the patient through each phase of their medical care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcome. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient’s priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced healthcare professionals who are well versed in 'big company' solution delivery and customer implementations, but nimble and agile enough to excel in the ambiguity of a start-up environment. Above all, we need doers who can self-direct and are poised to support our transformation of traditional healthcare models while maintaining high quality.
In particular, careC2™ is seeking a Sr. Technical Manager that is based in Morgantown, WV preferably, or Charlotte, NC as an alternate location.
Our careC2™ solutions are inclusive of an application platform as a service (aPaas) and a suite of proprietary products. The careC2 platform is a healthcare specific, high-productivity application platform as a service (aPaaS) that supports rapid application development, deployment and execution in the cloud. A successful candidate will have a background with software platforms and how they relate to application or product development and multi-sided platform-based economies. You will play an essential role in helping careC2 ensure quality delivery of solutions to a rapidly developing customer base and suite of proprietary products. You will have shared responsibility over the engineering strategy and overall management, as well as overseeing the transition of our processes, tools, environments and team. Your position may also include marketing, forecasting and profit & loss (P&L) support responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage careC2 related software development and operational support related activities with influence on organizational decisions
- Support overall budgetary estimates for the Engineering organization supporting the Chief Engineer in working with external and internal stakeholders for overall Engineering Budget and activities
- Have direct oversight with the support of the Chief Engineer, Chief Architect, and related Product Owners (POs), Technical Leads and the Platform Team
- Support a variety of software products/projects with extensive experience across various lifecycle phases to drive the engineering execution of the careC2 program vision
- Provide management and leadership knowledge across large team of Development, DevOps, and Operations staff
- Act as the hiring, promotion and reward authority for careC2 development and operations staff
- Provide software architectural guidance and direction supporting the careC2 Chief Architect
- Offer guidance to agile development teams supporting commercial and federal programs with program guidance on software design techniques and project software design approaches that best fit the careC2 culture and product releases
- Coordinate with careC2 engineering leadership to establish team protocols and guidelines with regard to engineering processes and quality achievements for delivery and development of product software
- Provide leadership to functional development teams, SW CM/Release Management, DevOps, and Operations personnel as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to careC2 product-wide procedural/policy changes
- Guide the Technical Leads and Product Quality Lead in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and processes including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing
- Lead and manage works of other technical staff that has significant impact on product/project results and outputs
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic products/program goals and business results
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the product/program
- Interact with Product Development and Product Operations to view current practices and adopt new concepts, practices and approaches that aligns with new Product or Program direction
- Assist in new technology insertion and integration activities by evaluating organizational, technical, and architectural impacts
Note: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education and Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming as well as a solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Deep experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Strong desire to guide the Development and Operations with new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Demonstrated experience developing large and complex risk management programs and ability to resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Computing Services
- Experience with SaaS and/or aPaaS delivery model
- Experience within the health field related to enterprise applications
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a fast---paced, matrixed team environment while maintaining the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams
- Ability to travel as required to client sites and other company-sponsored events (approximately 25%)
Freedom to Act:
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives in an unsupervised and unstructured environment. Teams include both client staff and consultants.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.