Job Requisition:Software Development Engineer – Integration Lead
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Software Developer and Integration expert in either Morgantown, WV, or Newport News, VA. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding software engineering team and will support the team’s software deployed in the cloud for US Air Force bases across the world. Position requires US citizenship and current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Support deployed software system with Help Desk activities, creating service packs / patches as required to maintain the system up to date.
- Implement critical system patches.
- Maintain IP Address Management (IPAM) and system configuration records.
- Deploy approved release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures, including the United States Government Configuration Baseline for Windows.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for Windows devices.
- Support ongoing development and enhancement of the deployed system including document preparation, installation and configuration support and testing.
- Maintain configuration management of local development lab consisting of multiple servers, software baselines and physical configurations.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, conduct research and analysis and offer solutions to the technical issues requiring deep technical knowledge and understanding
- Design and develop cloud infrastructure and provide specifications for necessary network configuration and security to maintain high availability
- Plan, design, and evaluate various components of the framework and configuration; field and install new systems using the Cloud infrastructure; evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Develop new Virtual Machine templates for configuration based on latest software and platform patches
- Tune performance on existing systems by investigating and determining optimal CPU and RAM settings; may include monitoring, installation, modification and testing
- Optimize log file centralization and Database backup processes for efficiency
- Perform log and database backup storage at primary and backup location
- Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment to develop and implement new technologies in the customer environment.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and minimum 6 years of cloud, network or IT system administration experience
- Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) certification or equivalent.
- Experience and technical knowledge with administrating Windows Server 2012 R2 / Server 2016 R2 virtual machines in a VMware environment.
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016 R2
- Experience with MilCloud or AWS hosted systems
- Familiarity with VMware and vCloud Director
- Familiarity with AWS suite of applications
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with administration logging and data backups
- Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Experience with the DoD suite of McAfee products such as HBSS.
- Experience in Active Directory Group/Users/Computers Organizational Units
- Experience in Group Policy/DISA STIG for Windows OS.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting tool such as PowerShell, Visual Basic etc.
- Knowledge and experience with administering Active Directory.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, peripheral, software, network, and other server or client problems in a timely manner.
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.