Job Requisition:Multi-Media Designer
Leidos Defense Group is seeking Multi-Media Designers (MMDs) in Schenectady, NY with broad - based computer skills to support Navy training programs. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant subject matter experts, instructional system designers, and multi-media designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program. Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly transition between various projects to solve technical issues. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and Subject Matter Experts. Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop applications using storyboards. Responsible for applying adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions. Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs. Converting instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when applicable. Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree with five (5) years of professional experience or equivalent combined education/experience; Or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience
- Must be proficient in developing multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Must be proficient in the development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Must be proficient with troubleshooting techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Must work with FMP and Navy subject matter experts to assist in training curriculum development and implementation.
- Must have Final US Secret security clearance to start work
- Hands-on experience with computer animation (including audio)
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus:
- SQL, Visual Basic.
- Developing Databases using Microsoft Access.
- Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards.