Job Requisition:Chemical Engineer
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Plant Shift Representative (PSR) to support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program at the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) Government Field Office (FO) providing technical input during the systemization, pilot testing, operations, and closure of the BGCAPP, including the Main Plant and the Static Detonation Chamber (SDC).
- Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing document reviews, technical research, equipment walk downs, interviews, and providing technical input associated with the Systems Contractor activities.
- Observe Systems Contractors’ activities and provide a presence in the operational areas of the Main Plant or one of the additional destruction technologies. Provide insight related to investigation of demilitarization process issues and provide technical input to the Government to include technical approach, progress, and potential issues and risks.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals and temporary configuration changes and provide technical input to the Government pertaining to the justification, cost and schedule impacts, and configuration management requirements. Support the Government configuration control board and provide technical input to assist the Government in resolving technical issues and interface with the Systems Contractor to collect, review, analyze, and evaluate technical data.
- Review Systems Contractor design documentation and attend ongoing reviews, status meetings, and design discussions and provide technical input to the Government to support their evaluation of the BGCAPP design, configuration management process, and configuration documentation.
- Review Field Change Notices, Field Change Requests, Design Change Notices, Supplier Deviation Requests, and Non Compliance Reports and provide technical input to the Government to assist the Government in evaluating whether the BGCAPP (to include the Main Plant and Static Detonation Chamber design documentation is in compliance with the accepted design and the constructed facility.
- This position will be certified and expected to participate in a rotating shift work schedule.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a business or technical discipline or the combination of applicable experience and education
Requires a minimum of 5 years applicable experience, additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience supporting 24/7 operations and/or chemical demilitarization or chemical plant operations.
Must be a US Citizen.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must pass a National Agency Check.
Must be able to wear Government provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as a M40 respirator.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Chemical Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.