Job Requisition:Senior Contracts Administrator (International Focus)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Contracts Representative to support its Transportation Solutions Operation, within the Civil Group. Seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The selected candidate will report to the Associate Contracts & Subcontracts Director and support contract management activities in support of a diverse portfolio of contracts, primarily supporting international programs.
The Senior Administrator, Contracts will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
Possible locations for this position are Gaithersburg, MD OR Reston, VA
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Portfolio will be primarily international contracts, but may also include US Federal and commercial contracts.
- Support proposal process by identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Liaise with various risk management stakeholders within the Corporation to ensure Leidos compliance with international trade, tax, and export regulations.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Work closely with Subcontract Administrators to ensure overall contract compliance with major vendors.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
Required Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field
- Prior experience with international contracts (direct sales to foreign governments or foreign business) required.
- Expert knowledge within international and government contracts arena with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of the FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally within the Leidos community and with numerous customer sets.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint).