Job Requisition:Senior Subcontracts Administrator
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
The Civil Group (Transportation Solutions Operation) of Leidos is seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator for the Reston, VA OR Gaithersburg, MD office.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The Senior Subcontracts Administrator is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities. Subcontracts will primarily be in support of federal programs as well as some commercial and state/local programs and large, new business proposals.
• Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements
• Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements.
• Develops prime contract flowdown documents
• Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
• Conducts price and cost analysis.
• Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
• Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity.
• Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management.
• Performs subcontract close-out activities.
• Analyzes risks and identifies risk mitigations
• Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the programs being supported for all subcontracts related issues.
• Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
• Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
Required Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must be US Citizen.
Required to have a Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business Administration OR a related field and experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration.
Experience negotiating terms and conditions and supporting proposals.
Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Experience working with the FAA is a plus.