Job Requisition:Associate Test Engineer
Varec, Inc., a Leidos company, is seeking an Associate Test Engineer who will be responsible for system and software testing. Varec is a leading supplier of automation, control and information systems for the oil and gas market. Varec develops and maintains a suite of software and hardware products and provides systems integration and life cycle support services for defense organizations, airlines and oil companies. These products are provided as turnkey solutions and as a Software as a Service through Varec’s data center. The Junior Test Engineer will work as an integrated part of Varec development scrum teams through the full project life cycle, including concept, design, construction, acceptance testing, and post production support.
• Supporting the development of acceptance test plans
• Writing manual test procedures
• Developing automated test scripts
• Creating test data
• Executing manual test as directed by Senior Test Engineers in support of development
• Executing integration and system test
• Reporting test status and aiding creation test reports
• Maintaining test documentation
• Collecting and reporting metrics
• Supporting the setup and maintenance of test environments
• Ability to analyze system designs and functions to develop test scenarios
• Experience developing manual test procedures
• Experience using automated test tools for browser and desktop applications
• Using automated test tools to develop load and stress test scripts
• Defining test data requirements and generating test data
• Estimating level of effort for verification and validation activities
• Experience with Microsoft based systems and technologies
• System engineering and integration experience with cloud technologies
• Experience testing high availability systems that use technologies, such as Microsoft Cluster Services, Windows Network Load Balancing, and hardware load balancing
• Experience testing hardware devices, such as handheld computers, operator interface terminals and field instrumentation
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Test Manager and Visual Studio Ultimate
• Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 or higher environment
• Experience with testing systems in cloud environments
• Experience testing systems to be deployed for the U.S. Department of Defense
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Very detail oriented.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Four years of related experience can be substituted for BS degree.
CLEARANCE: Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Government IT2 clearance.
To be included in job posting.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.