Job Requisition:Engineering Technician
The Radar and Electronics Warfare Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a well-qualified Engineering Technician. This opportunity is associated with our Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range (AEWTTR) Program. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties including Assembly, Production, Installation, Integration, Testing and Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical/logical subsystems and systems for complex Radar, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation and Communications Systems used by US and Allied Training and Test & Evaluation Ranges.
Responsible for providing Engineering Technical support to engineers and manufacturing personnel on technical projects and/or products. Duties include collecting, maintaining, organizing, compiling, and manipulating technical data as well as creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing prototype and production electrical/mechanical/logical systems related to Radar, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation and Communications Systems. Additional duties include accessing and manipulating databases of parts, materials and drawings in order to prepare Material Requests and to create/kit/process Travelers in accordance with assigned Work Packages.
• Requires a High School Diploma and 3+ years relevant experience or AA/AS and 1+ year’s relevant experience related to creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing prototype and production electrical/mechanical/logical systems.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Requires knowledge of specialized tools and equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, and Signal Generators for the purpose of creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing electrical/mechanical/logical systems.
• Requires experience soldering wires, connectors, and circuit boards.
• Requires experience assembling electrical connectors, cables, subassemblies, assemblies, subsystems and systems typically found in military platforms and equipment.
• Requires ability to read, understand and interpret detailed electrical/mechanical/logical line drawings, assembly drawings, schematics, and work packages either in hardcopy or electronic/database formats.
• Requires ability to gain certification as certified electrical solderer.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.