The Database Engineer (DE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Support the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Lead development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Develop requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion
- Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries
- Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required to be considered for this position.
DoD 8570.01-M compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II is required
Two (2) years of experience in PostgreSQL is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.