Job Requisition:Configuration Manager - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
The Configuration Manager (CM) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Understand basic concepts, assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Utilize configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Serve as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) Government Change Control Board (CCB)
- Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- Manage, maintain and develop the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Work independently and defines and implement hardware and software configuration
- Eight (8) years experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6).
- Four (4) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- If assigned to a developmental program, one (1) year of experience using a source code control system for a developmental program of similar scope and complexity is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.