Job Requisition:Business Development Manager
The C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking a qualified Business Development Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense with an emphasis on Command and Control. The Business Development Manager will support the Operation in sustaining profitable growth in C4ISR solutions & services. The BD Manager will lead efforts to identify new opportunities, qualify opportunities, grow current pipeline and move opportunities into revenue generating programs and projects. The ideal candidate will have C4ISR experience and have previously served as a capture manager or business development manager with proven experience and demonstrated success growing a business.
- Develop and qualify a pipeline of future opportunities that support the Operation’s future growth.
- Perform to annual incremental revenue generation, pipeline, submit, and award targets.
- Work in a team environment with senior executives, strategic account executives, program staff and capture managers to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive analysis
- Develop, track, and execute a customer and industry (competitor) call plan(s) and future opportunities from lead generation to capture stages of business development cycle.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy and a marketing plan for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Leidos enterprise to support opportunities
- Support Operation marketing efforts by developing collateral, white papers, and by working with Solution Architects to properly develop and market technical capabilities.
- Lead and actively participate in tradeshows, industry events and general customer outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and 15+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant business development activities, including building industry teams and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Mentoring of capture managers and capture support managers in the development of win strategies
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 50% annually as required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Prior program management, capture management or systems engineering experience a plus.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.