Job Requisition:Imaging Technician
The candidate will serve as an imaging technician in the Leidos facility located in Columbia, MD. The position is in support of the Office of the Chief Surgeon, Army National Guard (ARNG). The primary function of the position is indexing Army National Guard (ARNG) medical and dental documents into a government web-based system and the quality assurance of the images. The position will also include some scanning of medical records and record inventory tasks.
Indexing involves analysis of scanned images, identification of document types and other parameters from the analysis, and entry of these parameters into the government-provided web-based system. Quality assurance involves viewing scanned images to ensure that they meet quality standards and reviewing indexed documents to ensure the indexing data is correct and complete. Scanning activities involve document preparation and scanning of documents into the government web-based system of protected health information. Inventory activities involve performing tracking of all materials entering and leaving the Leidos facility.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must meet the requirements for a National Agency Check with Inquires (NACI). Completion of FBI fingerprint check with favorable results reflecting "No Record" and submission of a Personnel Security Investigation Portal - - (PSIP) Request to the Army National Guard required prior to beginning work.
- Candidate will be required to index documents with sufficient efficiency to meet the established minimum hourly requirement.
- Candidate will be required to index documents within predefined quality/accuracy standards.
- Candidate will be required to scan documents with sufficient efficiency to meet the established minimum hourly requirement.
- Candidate will be required to scan documents within predefined quality/accuracy standards.
- Candidate must be familiar with word processing and spreadsheet program applications.
- Candidate must be able to focus for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as being expected to interact and communicate with both management and other team members
- Data entry experience with a web-based system.
- Experience processing Army medical records.
- Experience handling Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Familiarity with software applications, including document management and electronic medical record systems.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.