Job Requisition:Senior Project Manager
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Project Manager to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Senior Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and manage technical and organizational actions taken by the program to execute a large, complex, mature system development and integration effort. The selected individual will provide technical and administrative oversight of special projects within the prevue of the overall program. He/she will interface with program managers, internal technical leads, customer POCs, and company managers and will develop solutions, identify resources, and implement fixes for significant technical problems and contractual requirements.
- Manage cost, schedule, quality, and risk to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Oversee geographically-dispersed project teams in successfully supporting an operational system.
- Lead cross-functional teams and ensure that solutions developed and deliverables produced are high-quality, on time, and within scope.
- Ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Collect and analyze project metrics, including financial performance.
- Prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews.
- Facilitate peripheral contract activities, to include developing and communicating lessons learned.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field with 12+ years of related work experience managing large technical government contracts.
- Experience providing technical direction at a high level on complex, technical projects.
- Experience managing schedule, budget, and scope; and overseeing resources across projects.
- Experience tracking and maintaining contract deliverables.
- Experience working on projects in an Agile development environment.
- Experience managing projects involving several of the following: systems engineers, high level system architects, software developers, test engineers, integration engineers, system and network engineers, deployment professionals, and O&M personnel.
- Experience with one or more of the following: requirements analysis, management, and documentation; trade-off analysis; root cause analysis; high level status and compliance documentation and reporting; in-depth risk management analysis.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- MS in a related field.
- PMP or other certification (e.g. DAWIA) highly recommended.
- Systems Engineering experience to include Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support.
- Experience in key management systems.
- Understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Familiarity with CMMI ML3 best practices.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.