Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Systems Engineer is needed to provide support for a large, complex, mature system development and integration effort. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns.
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science and at least (8) years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
• At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
• Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
• Experience with one or more of the following: software development, requirements analysis and documentation; software integration support; software test procedures/writing test cases; CDRLs
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
• Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
• Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Software development or scripting experience.
• Experience working on a key management program.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.