Job Requisition:DevOps Engineer
Varec, a Leidos company, is seeking to add an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our expanding team. This position will work closely with IT, development, as well as other technology stakeholders to maintain, develop, and support our FuelsManager suite of products.
Varec is a leading supplier of automation, control and information systems for the oil and gas market. Varec develops and maintains a suite of software and hardware products and provides systems integration and lifecycle support services for defense organizations, airlines and oil companies. These products are provided as turnkey solutions and as a Software as a Service through Varec’s data center.
The DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Part of a team responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems, build tools and continuous integration tools.
• Work with development teams to support applications and promote site reliability engineering.
• Continuously seek ways to increase dependability of deployments, and to reduce the amount of human intervention needed.
• Create high availability solutions, including load balancer configurations.
• Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment system for physical and cloud environment (Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
• Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
• Familiarity with logging / monitoring frameworks (Kibana, Scalyr, etc)
• Experience working with Installshield
• Experience using scripting languages for automation (Power Shell, Perl, Python, Groovy)
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Proficient in Scripting, and Git/Git workflows
• Experience in developing Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery pipelines
• Understand the configuration of multi-tier environments
• Experience Configuring and managing SQL and No SQL data sources like MS SQL, Casandra, etc
• Experience configuring and managing source control (TFS/GIT)
• Experience building tools and templates that engineers can self-serve to quickly deploy new systems in a safe and scalable manner.
• 2+ years of experience working with AWS.
• Experience in the oil, fuels or aviation industry preferred
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent Planning and organizational skills
• Detailed oriented
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 4-8 plus years of related work experience. Four years of additional experience can be substituted for BS degree.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.