Job Requisition:Senior Software Developer- Top Secret REQUIRED
The National Solutions Team is looking for a Senior Software Developer. Top Secret Clearance is required.
Perform as the primary software engineer in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment.
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. Perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures. Execute functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues. Estimate software development costs and schedules. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods. Establish and manage software configuration. Provide direct interface with customer.
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline
-Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
-Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOs7) environment.
-Previous experience with correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Proficiency with Python scripting language.
- Proficiency with Perl scripting language.
- Experience with and use of Linux/UNIX scripting languages (Shell Script, Korn, Bash, etc).
- Experience with the use of content management application (Subversion, Git, or other) in a Windows and Linux development environment.
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat or CENTOS).
- Familiarization with TCP/IP Networking including:
-Understanding of and experience with ssh/scp/sftp, public/private key encryption
- Logs examination
- List running processes
- File permission ownership management
- User/Group management
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge/Configuration of Apache Nifi flowfile application
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- System integration experience in physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Proficiency with server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE
- Knowledge/Experience with Webservice (SOAP/REST).
- Ability to document program and data flow operation including creation of diagrams.
- Experience documenting problem via trouble tickets (DRs, PTRs, whatever you call them)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.