Job Requisition:Team Coordinator/Technical Editor
The Leidos Innovation Center has an opening for a Team Coordinator/Technical Editor in Beavercreek, Ohio to join a high-performance team performing leading edge applied research and development (R&D) in electro-optical technology . The majority of the work will be performed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB).
- Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and working well with a diverse team.
- Working within an environment of collaboration, in which the individual must be prepared to reach out to management and staff at all levels to accomplish tasks.
- Serving as the team focal point and liaison to the local Leidos office for operational assistance and advisory services. Tasks include developing and maintaining schedules/calendars; maintaining organization charts, training records and emergency contact information/recall rosters; and coordinating events/meetings.
- Providing technical editing for deliverable R&D reports, presentations, and monthly status reports (MSRs), developing and maintaining style guides. Producing error-free products as well as demonstrating high proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, including the use of macros, are essential to success.
- Maintaining a laboratory equipment database, developed in Microsoft Access, including the addition of new equipment as purchased, generation of inventory reports, and modifying/correcting entries as needed.
- Generating, tracking, and obtaining approvals for a variety of forms by interfacing with Leidos engineers, government IT and security personnel is required to complete this tasking
- Handling in-processing of new employees through the government processes for base and laboratory access.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to successfully multi-task, adjust to changing priorities and work effectively under the pressure of rigid deadlines; excellent, demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills; work without direct supervision. Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong teambuilding skills; exceptionally strong interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships at all levels to foster an environment of collaboration and coordination; demonstrated ability to resolve differences in a diplomatic manner; discretion, integrity and proven judgment.
- Past experience reviewing or editing finished research products; strong analytic, writing, editing and sourcing skills; strong organizational skills; ability to effectively communicate orally; proficiency in technical editing and grammar to draft documentation, including the ability to edit and proofread; advanced expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working or functional knowledge of MS Access, Outlook and Project.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to drive often between WPAFB and Leidos' Beavercreek office.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical editing/administrative field
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.