Job Requisition:Systems and Virtualization Engineer
Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for a Systems Virtualization Engineer to join our CIO Services team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Administer and manage a Cloud Hosting Service environment supporting various Leidos businesses and contracts across the enterprise.
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining virtual servers and environments for customer defined solutions.
- Perform hands on troubleshooting and maintenance of various data center devices including servers, routers, switches, PDUs, and other equipment used in the data center.
- Document and follow published standards, update documentation, and follow change management policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree from a US accredited University and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience in network / systems administration, including virtual servers management / deployment.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 2 years hands on experience with Windows Server 2016 and Red Hat Linux 7
- 1-2 years hands on experience with VMWare ESXi 6.5 or higher.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with Open Switch Architecture.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to travel as required. Travel is expected to be minimal (~10%).
- Experience working with Virtual Teams.
- Strong communicator.
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Hands on experience with Windows Server 2019.
- Hands on experience with Red Hat Linux 8.
- Hands on experience with VMWare NSX-T.
- Certifications in AWS, RedHat, Microsoft, Cisco, or other relevant IT specialties desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.