Job Requisition:Data Integrity Specialists
The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Data Integrity Specialists to be part of a Data Exploitation Technology Team for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The Data Integrity Specialist will manage data from source of collection into Government and/or contractor's computer systems for storage, processing, and exploitation purposes, while enabling efficient data management and information discovery. The data may result from Human Language Technology (HLT) activities that incorporate Computer Assisted Technology (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, adaptive machine translation, speech-to-text, and other advanced HLT capabilities; and data analytics activities that enable more efficient, timely, and in-depth understanding of trends, patterns, and relationships in large, diverse vernacular dataset. Languages Supported: Korean Language
- The successful candidate will perform a variety of data analytics tasks, including monitoring and flagging errors in technology-based/automated collection (e.g., missing or duplicate items, transcription drops within items), and coordinating corrections to those errors; preparing, compiling and sorting documents for data entry; combining and rearranging data from source documents where required; transcribing information into required electronic formats; scanning documents into management systems or databases.
- To ensure data quality, the Data Integrity Specialist also checks source documents and completed work for accuracy; verifies and corrects data where necessary; and maintains records of activities and tasks.
- The Data Integrity Specialist responds to requests for information and accesses relevant files, and ensures compliance with data integrity and security policies.
- Some positions may be required to possess intermediate foreign language skills (IRL level 3/3+).
- US citizen
- Bachelor's degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2 year technical degree or 3 years of experience related to data management, engineering, or quality assurance
- Have an in-depth understanding of data management and engineering
- Understand techniques and approaches to ensure data quality and integrity
- Ability to use computer-based tools for technology-based/automated collection
- Ability to work with technology-based data collection in a variety of formats, such as HTML, JSON, XML, REST
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Taken training or coursework in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Intermediate foreign language skills (IRL level 3/3+)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.