Job Requisition:Microsoft SQL DBA
Leidos has an immediate opening for an experienced Microsoft SQL DBA. This position is located in New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR. The candidate will work closely with current resources in supporting the MS SQL Database Environment and also work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
- Working directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Will be involved in making and testing database changes associated with large programs
- Resolve high level, complex, or previously unknown issues requiring expert technical knowledge of SQL Databases
- Work with the PM/team to establish plans for implementation and conversion of databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or may consider 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of experience as an Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
- Strong core SQL DBA skills and be able to work on all versions of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Databases
- DBA experience with architecture models, database creation, backup & recovery, performance tuning, integration
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to create, modify and diagnose stored procedures
- Sharp technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the resolution of escalated issues
- Must understand client business needs and objectives; make enhancements accordingly
- Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
- Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
- Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of IT computer systems and software
- Experience with implementation of IT integrations in a large division/company
- IT experience within a large team
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.