The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Configuration Management (CM) Lead in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
This position is responsible for managing the execution of software development CM processes and deliverables. The candidate will also oversee the receipt and management of Government Furnished Information (GFI)/Government Furnished Equipment (GFE), weekly metrics reporting, as well as the developer toolsets employed to manage and report program progress. As a CM Lead, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing a small, diverse team to support agile development efforts; requiring the ability to effectively communicate with all members of the team, ranging from technical personnel to program leadership.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of
fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Work in tandem with the Cross-Capability Development Team (CDT) Execution Lead (CEL) and Cross-Functional Leads (CFL) (inclusive of test and evaluation, architecture, safety, performance and cyber security) to manage program tool configurations, GFI/GFE receipt and repository, metrics reporting, and software CM activities
- Lead CM, data management, and release management controls and processes across teams and interfaces
- Manages the design change process, ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations
- Maintain configuration control throughout all phases of the development lifecycle; managing and tracking baseline modifications
Provide oversight of the CM team; supervising 3 team members
- Monitor and update the CM Plan, when required
- Conduct audits of software change procedures, software development and testing processes and documentation to verify compliance with CM plans and procedures
- Manage GOLD software CM repositories across a wide spectrum of software tools, including Cameo, Jira, and QMetry
- Actively support the Defect Review Board (DRB), providing accurate metrics on a weekly basis
- Maintain tool workflows, and ensure proper execution of Jira, QMetry, and Bitbucket
- Effectively convey technical concepts during internal and external meetings
- Identify, assess and manage program risks related to software development activities
- Oversee weekly development metrics reporting, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Provide software deliveries, using both physical media and electronic delivery
- Other duties as required
• BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
• Knowledge of CM principles and implementation
• Experience with industry best practices and standards
• Previous experience with agile software development practices
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
• Effectively work with over 70+ members of a Capability Development Team (CDT); Program Management Office, and program leadership
• Previous knowledge of Atlassian tool suite, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Good verbal and written skills
• US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Agile development experience/knowledge
• Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.