Job Requisition:COMSEC / Network Administrator II
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret w/SCI clearance.
- The candidate is responsible for the operation of communications security and for cryptographic modernization of legacy COMSEC equipment, implementing comprehensive COMSEC, training, and electronic key management services.
- Support services include cryptographic security, transmission security, emission security, traffic-flow security and physical security of COMSEC equipment.
- Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
- Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
- Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
- Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures
- Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
- Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
- Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
- Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited College or University is required along with 2+ years of experience
- Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of COMSEC electronic key management systems and local site key management policies.
- Experience with providing COMSEC support including key management, key renewal, and reporting.
- Experienced with administration of Local Management Device/Key Processor (LMDKP) and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI)
ADDITIONAL DESIRED ASSETS:
- DHS Program Suitability
- Shall have knowledge of the General Dynamics Taclane line of Network Encryptors (INE) to include the KG-175A, KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175F, KG-175X, and KG-175N.
- Execute procedures to load various cryptographic equipment including: TACLANE, FASTLANE, vIPER, STE, KIV-7, and KG-84
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.