Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) program within Leidos Civil group . TBFM technology is part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is committed to enhancing NAS efficiency by using the capabilities of the TBFM decision-support tool, a system already deployed in the contiguous United States.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
• The System Engineer duties include but are not limited to: Requirements development (A-Level and B-Level) on large software development programs.
• Systems design; system interface definitions; sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle (This includes oversight of Software Development, development of integration and test artifacts, and test execution).
• Technical manual updates and inspection support; Support analysis of customer problem reports (and enhancement requests)
• Work directly with FAA customers to ensure a valid understanding of the problem (or requested enhancement) and needs.
• Develop technical solutions, prepare trade studies when required, and decompose the solution into system-level and software requirements. Author white papers that document the above.
• Provide sustaining engineering to the Software, and Integration & Test teams in the proper behavior and verification of the documented solutions.
• Provide ownership of Technical Manuals Training materials provided to the customer on a per-release basis and site support of Software and Hardware Installations and up-level.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent
experience/combined education, with 12-15 years of professional experience, or 10-13 years of
professional experience with a related Master’s degree. A PhD in domain
• Experience in the Air Traffic Control domain, especially with metering and flow management
• Experience working with the FAA customer requirements
Gaithersburg, MD, or Egg Harbor Township, NJ
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.