The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a DevOps SME to work at our Herndon, VA office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support mission by building AWS resources alongside of five (5) development teams.
The candidate must have detailed experience with AWS and all of its resources (or least its main ones EC2, S3, and RDS), as well as very familiar with Cloudformation to create and maintain AWS resources. The candidate must also have experience with programming in an Object Oriented Programming language, preferably in Ruby or Python. This candidate should also have experience with Java as well to help assist the development teams as needed since their applications are written in Java. The candidate should have experience with using the AWS Ruby SDK, AWS python SDK (botocore), and AWS Java SDK. This experience will be vital in helping the development teams utilize AWS correctly. The person must be a friendly person that is willing to help in all cases as well as be familiar with architectural best practices. They must also have experience with Jenkins and building Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy. This is needed for the customers' continuous integration and deployment efforts. The person must also have some familiarity with puppet to help manage software installations. Above all else, the person must be a good team player with an eagerness to learn as well as teach when required. This position requires you to work primarily as a developer.
- Help the development teams utilize AWS correctly
- Develop software as requested
- Teach DevOps/AWS concepts to peers
- Bachelors degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
- 5 or more years of AWS experience. This includes building AWS resources using Cloudformation and interacting with them as well using AWS SDKs such as Ruby, Python, and Java.
- Object Oriented Programming background and a willingness to both learn and teach.
- Experience with Jenkins and have understand continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
- Team player and work well with others regardless of skill levels. This characteristic is key because there are a lot of teams that will need DevOps support and along with that will be a wide range of skill levels
- Willingness to learn
- Experience in Ruby, Python, and Java at the Object Oriented Programming level.·Experience with Ruby and Python for scripting.
- Experience with Puppet for software installation.
- Experience with Java Spring framework to help development teams troubleshoot application issues.
- Experience with SPLUNK and ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for log file monitoring.
- Experience with Jenkins and running as a Jenkins Agent.
- Experience with writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy.
- Experience with Teaching and spreading knowledge across multiple teams.
- Experience with writing Rspecs, Ruby unit test framework.
- Experience with Java build processes using gradle, maven, and ant.
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.