Job Requisition:Network Operations Support Specialist
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Specialist to join our IT Operations & End User Support team in Reston - VA. In this role, you will be responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance & support for Leidos corporate network systems across the enterprise.
- Respond to incidents, triage issues identified by automation, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool.
- Research functionality and usability related issues
- Work with other IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue, and communicate steps to resolve and/or consult and escalate to the next tier when needed.
- Assist with configuration of equipment using standard templates, enter Change Requests and coordinate installation in the field.
- Provide documentation and answer basic questions on common network related issues.
- Contribute to both our Knowledge Base as well as our online community.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (or similar) and less than 2 years of network support experience. Additional years of network support / administration related experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global user base. Some positions will require shift work.
Passion for customer service.
High level of initiative, ownership & accountability.
Desire to learn new and exciting technology.
Ability to work alone and with a team.
Strong interpersonal verbal & written communication skills.
Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill.
US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience using ITSM ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Experience with Change Management Processes
- CCNA and/or CCNP
- Strong Cisco switching configuration skills
- Strong Cisco VPN / VRF skills
- F5 VPN/Load Balancing Experience
- Aruba Wireless Experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.