Job Requisition:Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Seeking a system administrator to be responsible for the operations and maintenance of multiple VM hosting environments across multiple datacenters. The Candidate will maintain the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the virtual infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. The candidate must also have Windows System Administration expertise as well.
Responsibilities include: Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions. Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 4-8 years of experience. Or Master's with 2-6 years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Hands-on vSphere Systems Administration experience;
- Demonstrated experience - VMWare administration
- Strong working knowledge of networking and storage practices.
- Ability to create and modify scripts to automate routine tasks and to perform complex tasks (Bash, Perl, Python).
- Significant experience in both Windows and Linux Systems administration.
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment.
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required for this position
- Experience with various Linux distributions including Red Hat and Ubuntu.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with user and server certificates.
- Experience with software tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Cobbler, etc., to automate provisioning and configuration tasks.
- Experience maintaining system security plans.
- Ability to lead technical teams to success
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.