Job Requisition:Senior User Interface Developer - TS/SCI w/ Poly
This role is responsible for designing, developing and configuring front end user interface to meet process and application requirements and support back-end developers with development, testing, and troubleshooting in a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps process. This role is an expert on creating intuitive user interface design for end-users (analysts, targeters, and data scientists). This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development, and automated testing of software modules via DevSecOps Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Duties also include software requirements analysis, Section 508 requirements implementation, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams.
- Apply knowledge/experience developing and testing applications on Windows and Linux systems
- Performing development in languages, such as Java, .Net, AJAX, PHP, and XMTML to build modern, dynamic user interfaces and webservices
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits supporting Windows and cloud platforms and frameworks
- Responsible for using Create Suite programs – Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash & Flex to muck up UI elements.
- Responsible for web design to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
- Conduct usability testing to identify and fix UI issues, and gather real-world intelligence from target users.
- Use social network APIs (from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) to integrate social actions.
- Collaborate with business and IT decision makers to discuss user interface requirements and brainstorm UI ideas.
- Use visual aids such as wireframes, storyboards and UI flow charts, to plan and present user interface designs.
- Are familiar with popular content management systems (CMS), e.g., WordPress, Joomla!, Magneto & osCommerce.
- Wield their knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to develop search-friendly websites and interfaces.
- Keep current with the latest trends and best practices of UI/UX design and HCI (human-computer interaction).
- Apply research skills to identify various methods and solutions to complex software challenges
- Understanding of browser based user interfaces for Windows and Linux, such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Exposure to scripting languages for enhanced user experiences through application interfaces
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Proficient with navigating Section 508 requirements.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Must have strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.