Job Requisition:Communications Coordinator
Communications Coordinator Honolulu HI
Hawaii Energy’s marketing & communications team is a group of dynamic, close-knit, experienced professionals who champion smart energy choices and support the overall operation of the Hawaii Energy program. Marketing & communications is crucial to overall program success, providing fresh and effective ways to encourage the adoption of energy-saving equipment and behaviors, and educating the public on the importance of reducing energy waste.
The ideal candidate will possess substantive communications expertise, excellent written and verbal communication skills, creativity, ingenuity, and a passion for serving the community. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment balancing several projects at once, and have a strong sense of team and collaborative spirit.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, this position’s responsibilities will include the following:
• Working with contracted public relations firm, strategically enhance Hawaii Energy's position as a trusted advisor, key community contributor, and business leader, including, but not limited to:
o Project-managing the execution of news releases, press conferences and other tactics, including providing quotes from Hawaii Energy leadership, energy savings data, photo/video assets, etc.;
o Identifying, researching and recommending newsworthy story ideas from within Hawai‘i Energy’s internal departments;
o Responding to media inquiries with timely, accurate responses and packaging stories for media distribution when necessary;
o Developing talking points for pertinent current events and for use by staff and allies;
o Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with media representatives and other organizations’ communications teams.
• Manage Hawaii Energy's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), including:
o Setting an annual strategy and goal metrics for measuring engagement;
o Developing and posting regular, high-quality, thoughtful content in alignment with overall Hawaii Energy program objectives;
o Regular analysis and reporting on engagement (using analytic tools such as Facebook/Instagram Insights, Iconosquare, etc.) as well as recommendations/adjustments based on collected data.
• Be hands-on with the production of Hawai‘i Energy marketing materials, such as customer testimonials/case studies, presentations, e-newsletters, website copy, print collateral, etc.
• Produce editorial content for the Hawai‘i Energy website, local magazines, blogs, e-newsletters, etc.
• Prepare and distribute regular summaries of Hawaii Energy's activities to key stakeholders; including, but not limited to:
o Quarterly and annual metric reporting on Hawai‘i Energy projects for the Public Utilities Commission and VIP contacts
o Daily, curated summaries of energy-related news for internal staff
• Assist with marketing and brand awareness campaigns, ensuring that all external-facing materials are in alignment with Hawai‘i Energy’s brand identity.
• Identify and develop initiatives to co-brand or collaborate on projects with trade associations, public service programs, sustainability/energy industry organizations, and other members of the business community
• Additional duties as assigned
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related area of study degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Work experience in communications and/or public relations, with experience in developing and executing communications strategies.
• Experience managing business social media accounts and knowledge of how to leverage social media tools as part of larger marketing campaigns.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with news releases/pitching, social media posts, media appearances, and VIP stakeholder communications
• Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic proficiency with Adobe software (Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign and Illustrator).
• Proficiency with social media accounts and analytics software (Facebook/Instagram Insights, Iconosquare, LinkedIn, etc.).
• Ability to independently lead/project-manage deliverables requiring frequent cross-team collaboration.
• Understanding of and passion for Hawai‘i Energy’s mission and core values.
• High level of understanding and passion for storytelling as it pertains to marketing and branding strategy.
• Knowledge of professional photography and videography production components (resolution, composition, editing/post-processing, etc.)
• Ability to think critically and apply communications strategies in service of Hawai‘i Energy’s program-wide objectives.
• Strong desire to learn about the technical facets of energy efficiency and Hawaii Energy’s operations (i.e. utilities, engineering, equipment, savings calculations).
• At least 2 years of local, Hawaii community development experience. Past or current involvement with energy and/or sustainability industry in Hawai‘i preferred.
Writing and/or digital communication material samples will be required as part of the application and interview process.
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards island families and businesses to make smart energy choices that reduce energy consumption, save money and pursue a 100% clean energy future. To date, our rebate and education initiatives have led to Hawai‘i residents realizing more than a billion dollars in electric bill savings. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 2018 and 2019, we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come. The Hawai‘i Energy program is administered by Leidos, a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national security, health, and engineering.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.