Job Requisition:Data Engineer/Software Engineer (Master)
This role uses Data Engineering, Data Science and Software Engineer techniques to satisfy customer requirements in processing, transforming and enriching large scale datasets. This role designs, develops, tests and maintains processing pipelines, web services and APIs to condition, enhance, model and apply domain-specific logic to data for use by API consumers and Mission Applications. This role deals with a wide variety of raw data and data processed at different levels using Python or Java and associated libraries or frameworks: Spark, PySpark, Spark Streaming, DataFrames, Flask, Scikit-Learn, Parquet, Numpy, Pandas, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and clean large data sets to implement services perform analysis, extraction, and enrichment for persistence in various data stores. This role collaborates across a team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Administrators, and Software Engineers to produce work products using a CI/CD workflow in an Agile development process.
- This role developed methodologies to identify, ingest, and process various data.
- This role develops and employs a number of languages and tools to pair systems to ingest new data.
- This role supports objectives and tasks by leveraging numerous tools, techniques and infrastructures to include Elasticsearch, Spark, AWS/S3, MapReduce, HBase, Oozie, and HDFS
- Responsible for building, orchestrating and running data migrations across different datastores/databases and environments, for example, data migration from an on-premises Elasticsearch cluster to a cloud hosted Elasticsearch cluster.
- Responsible for integrating with authentication/authorization and entitlement services
- Responsible for building solutions that respect customer data policy, retention, compliance, governance and handling requirements
- Coordinates across various internal teams to ensure linkage between numerous data sources
- Develop and leverage algorithms, analytical techniques and tools to enhance the stakeholders access and understanding of data sets.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or degree in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing technical requirements in complex programs.
- In-depth experience with Python, Java and data processing, manipulation or querying (SQL or NoSQL)
- In-depth experience with Spark/PySpark, MapReduce or other large scale distributed processing frameworks.
- In-depth experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Extensive experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Experience developing in or deploying to AWS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.