Job Requisition:Systems Administrator - Active Directory - TS/SCI Required
The Systems Administrator serves as a team member on the Active Directory support group supporting established consistent policies and procedures as they apply across the enterprise. Maintains the Active Directory environment on all of the Client’s networks which includes management of Domain Controllers, domain authentication services, roles-based policy and delegation of Active Directory resources, Organizational Units (OU), Group Policy Objects (GPO),WINS and DNS configuration, enterprise DHCP services, active directory architecture, and the Exchange enterprise environment. In addition, serves as Tier III administrator for problems and discrepancies that impact the enterprise computing environment and act as an Government Client representative for computer incident response as required.
General duties include: assigns privileges, maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation. Performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues on all Domain Controllers. Assist server teams in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities. Monitor system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance for Domain Controllers. Maintain appropriate level of technical competency in areas of responsibility to recommend appropriate system upgrades.
• Maintains Windows Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of Domain Controllers on several networks at local and remote locations
• Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Incident and Change Request tickets as required
• Provide on-call support as required to ensure availability of mission critical services such as authentication, Windows DNS, DHCP, and access to network resources
• Configure Windows OS on Domain Controllers to allow operation on various types of networks
• Configure and maintain Active Directory, DNS, and other services on Domain Controllers.
• Configure hardware and software for servers, RAIDs, and storage arrays on Domain Controllers
• Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches on Domain Controllers
• Manage distributed file system and group shares
• Conduct system backups and restores on Domain Controllers
• Provide impact assessment for system-level changes on existing infrastructure
• Participate in technical exchanges
• Ensure compliance with computer security policy
• Monitor system usage and perform system tuning
• Manage tools and equipment
• Assist users with system problems
• Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance on Windows systems
• Ensure proper labeling of system components
• Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
• DoD 8570 Certification
• Requires Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016 is required. Also, candidate must have knowledge of IT concepts such as TCP/IP, IT security concepts and practices; interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong written/verbal communications skills are a plus.
• Position is located at customer location in St Louis, MO or Springfield, VA and will require frequent customer interface.
• Modifies and/or adapts techniques and standard approaches to solve moderately difficult problems and must be highly self-motivated.
• Desired experience: LDAP, Active Directory 2012R2/2016, Windows DNS, VMWare, Remedy, and process documentation and with GOVENMENT CLIENT programs and facilities.
***This position is for either Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO***