Job Requisition:Software Developer
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK. Successful candidates will support our customer in defining requirements, updating software, and verifying Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems and provide technical support to the Family of Tactical and Strategic Mission Command systems to include: : AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Develop strategies and define requirements to provide information needed for updates to mission processing software.
- Perform activities related to the analysis, design, development, test and maintenance of complex software systems.
- Implement application system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems
- Design and test updates and solutions.
- Develop software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Interact with customer concerning updates to software system.
- Provide support for the installation and operations of computer systems hardware and software.
- Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related field and at least one year of experience in software development for an application in sustainment; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have experience working in a Windows environment
- Be able to obtain a Secret clearance; must be US citizen
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus
- ADA experience a plus
- Experience working in an AGILE environment utilizing tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, Bambo.
- JAVA experience a plus
- Experience with Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS) or Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.