Job Requisition:Linux Systems Engineer
Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
The STS (Signature Trainer Support) program at Leidos has immediate openings for Linux Systems Engineers to join our team in Bethesda, MD. Our High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation and training products for this customer.
Leidos support of the U.S. Navy has garnered accolades such as:
“There is no other trainer like this in the world.
"The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched.”
“This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic.”
“The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before.”
In order to continue this level of excellence, Leidos seeks individuals who take pride in their career to learn and grow their expertise of job function.
In this role, you will use your expertise with Linux Operating systems (including concepts, command line interface (CLI), and hardening) to perform the following duties:
- Work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation.
- Be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
- Perform systems requirements analysis
- Take part in trade studies
- Be involved with the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts.
- Provide technical leadership.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, or applicable field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience; or if no degree, additional related work experience.
- Demonstrable expertise with the Linux operating system (Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products)
- Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (CCNA, Sec+ for example)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (U.S. Naval sites across the United States, typically no more than 2 weeks in length)
Note: This requisition is at a Senior level. Linux Engineers who have less than 8 years of experience are able to be considered for lower level positions and are encouraged to apply.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.